● In a heatproof bowl, consolidate the tamarind mash and 1 cup of bubbling water, and let it represent 30 minutes. Toward the finish of this time, crush and press the tamarind with your fingers to deliver however much mash in the water as could reasonably be expected, at that point strain, dispose of the sinewy buildup and seeds, and hold the tamarind water.
● In the interim, place the lentils in a profound pan, add the 3 cups of water and the turmeric, and bring to the bubble over high warmth. Decrease warmth to a stew and delicately cook, revealed, until the lentils are simply delicate, 20 to 30 minutes. On the off chance that the water vanishes excessively fast, add another 1/2 to 1 cup altogether.
● While the lentils are cooking, heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a little skillet, and saute the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, sambhar masala, dried red chillies, asafoetida, curry leaves, garlic and coconut, until the coconut turns into a brilliant earthy colored - take care not to consume.
● At the point when the lentils are delicate, add the sauteed zest blend, alongside the readied vegetables, tomatoes and the tamarind water. Blend well, cover, and stew until the vegetables are simply delicate. This should take 10 to 20 minutes, contingent upon how little or enormous you have diced the vegetables. As the tomatoes cook down, they ought to give sufficient liquid to stew different vegetables in, however you can add another 1/2 cup water at your caution.
● Not long prior to serving, heat the additional oil in a little skillet, and saute the cut garlic and new cilantro for 30 seconds. Pour this combination over the sambhar and blend through tenderly.
● Serve right away.