1. Prepare the Gatte ki Sabzi 1. Put 2 cups of besan (200 g) in a large bowl or plate.
2. Add the following: a pinch of asafoetida (curl), 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon of starfruit seeds, 1/2 teaspoon of purple pepper powder and one teaspoon of coriander powder. Add one teaspoon of extra salt or according to your style.
3. Add some butter and cottage cheese.
4. mix well to make sure the butter is well blended.
5. Then add the water component and start kneading. Knead well so that the bean absorbs the water. Knead for a total of 10-11 minutes.
6. You will need 4-5 tablespoons of water.
7. Knead the dough into a semi-fine powder, like a poor person's dough. The dough should not show any cracks. If there are cracks, pour water on it and continue kneading. When the dough becomes sticky, sprinkle some besan and knead again.
How to make a Ki Sabzi Gatte
Before making the dough, put 4 cups of water in a pan or Kadai. Heat the water over medium to medium heat.
Now gently place each piece of dough into the sizzling water.
Do not overfill the pot. It is why it is more expensive to use medium and large Kadai.
After cooking, the fat product will float high, and you will see bubbles inside, which means it cooked.
Place on a board or plate and heat or cool to room temperature.